Sunday, February 22, 2009

ReMax 100 takes a Ski Trip

A group of co-workers at ReMax 100 decided to take a ski trip to Liberty Mountain in Pennsylvania. To tell you the truth, I've only heard bad things about skiing on the east coast.....ice skiing and short runs! I love skiing but I don't like to fall down so therefore, I'm a cautious skier. Ice skiing was a little scarry for me but, it was a great chance to get to know some of the people in my office that I don't get to see much. I'm all for trying new things and was very glad that I went. It was a cold day but the sun was shining and the skies were blue. Our first run up the mountain I got quite a chuckle looking down (while on the chair lift) and seeing nothing but rocks and grass.....where is the snow? We saw the snow machines working hard and sure enough, on the top there it was....SNOW! It certainly isn't skiing like I know it, because I've only skied out West, but all in all... it wasn't bad. It didn't take long to get down the hill and there wasn't any lines to get on the chair lift. Some of my co-workers were kind enough to hang with me while I tested the snow on the green runs a few times and then we went to the back side of the mountain where the snow and the runs were much better. It was a GREAT day! I hear that the conditions aren't always as good as they were that day... we were lucky not to have too much ice on the slopes. All in all, if I want to go skiing and I can't get out West, I would certainly do it again!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a good time! Now you are warmed up for next week!

    ReplyDelete