Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Whirlwind Trip to Utah!

















The whole purpose of going to Utah was to attend the Miche Bag Conference... the nice thing about having family there is we always have many more people to see and places to go. Lisa went out on Wednesday and I arrived on Thursday. I got into town and we immediately went to see our Uncle Bob who has been very sick and in the hospital for over a month now. It was great to see both him and my Aunt Ruth and to see for myself that he is doing better. They are very special people and I love to visit them when I can. After we left there, we went to my cousin's(Peggy) house so we could meet up and go to dinner with her, Dixie and my Aunt Kathalee. She lives in a beautiful home that overlooks Bountiful and the valley. The sunset was beautiful as we stood on the back balcony and looked down into the valley. I wish I could have gotten a good picture.....they were all blurry!!! We went to a place called Iggy's for dinner, where they had big screen TV's and I got to see JD on TV at the Sun's game. We got to our hotel late and got up early to head to the conference.

Friday was the first day of the conference. It was a wonderful conference, very informative, they have a lot of new products coming on and have developed systems to make our lives easier. They took us to dinner at "The Roof" restaurant which overlooks the Salt Lake Temple and that was a beautiful site....the dinner was really good too!! The conference finished up early on Saturday afternoon. We were going to go skiing but both Lisa and I got a little stomach bug the night before and didn't dare! Besides that, we had alot of people to see. Lisa's daughter, Emily, is going to school at BYU so we went to Provo to pick her up and then met my other sister, Amber, and her family at the grand opening of a new bakery called "Sweet Tooth Fairy" (it was featured on Rachel Ray's show). I blew my diet and had to taste almost everything they had......very good!!! Another friend, Ruth, met us there too! I think we took up the whole store.

Sunday we went to the blessing of my Nephew's (Kyle) son. Morrison is sooooo cute and such a good baby. The blessing was at a spanish branch and we didn't understand a word they were speaking but it was a very special day. I even sang the hymns in Spanish! I think most of the congregation was family! Amber's parents were very kind to invite us to dinner with all the family and we spent a wonderful afternoon visiting.

The Superbowl came on and we still had alot to do so we saw a little of the first quarter and then headed for the hospital again to see Uncle Bob where we watched until half time. There were more of his family there so we got to visit a little with more family members....I love big families!! As soon as half time came on we left to drive to Springville to see Lisa's brother-in-law and I got to see a little more of the game. Only 8 minutes left when we left. I wish I could have seen the whole thing, it was an exciting game....the Cardinals did GREAT!!!! We took Emily back to Provo and headed back to our hotel in SL. It was an exhausting weekend but tons of fun! Everytime I go out there, I want to move back. The mountains are amazing and were so beautiful with all the snow on them.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had such a good time! It does sound very whirlwind. Family is great to be with.

    ReplyDelete