Monday, January 5, 2009

Off to a Good Start!!!

JD and Shauna left to go home before the new year. It was sure fun having them here and we are excited about our new grandbaby that is due in June! While they were here we saw Marley and Me. It was a great movie but we all bawled like babies. After they left, I got the 24 hour flu and spent all Monday in bed sicker than a dog! So far it is just myself, Trey and Chris that has got it from Maryland. Then it was back to reality....we had to take down all the decorations and clean out the garage, and do laundry and clean the house. Of course we fit in our usual movies and games with friends and babysitting Trey!

Cliff and I decided to take a road trip to Lancaster, PA to exchange some presents and put the GPS on direct route (gotta love those GPS's)......it took us through the back country and it was beautiful. We got to see the Amish out working on their farms with horse drawn plows and spreading fertilizer. It seems like such a comforting life...I always think it would be fun to live like that and not have the hustle and bustle that we put ourselves through!

I started taking a geneology class at church and am excited to find out more about Cliff's family. I can see how this gets to be addicting. I have found info back to his great grandparents so far and looking forward to continuing.

We're trying to get organized so that this year will be a more productive and prosperous year for us... We are looking forward to a better year!!

2 comments:

  1. Chica is very cute in her little hat. I think the horse drawn tiller is called a plow.

    Welcome to the blogging world! I am glad to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you're blogging! It was fun to catch up on your life and all that you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete