Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Walking the Mall!

Maryland has so many beautiful parks to walk, run and bike around and I love to get out and enjoy the great outdoors but sometimes the weather just doesn't cooperate!! Many of you know that Ninon and I have been walking and training for a half marathon in Myrtle Beach. (Don't get excited, we are walking it!) Well, she has been in Utah (her daughter is having a baby)and that has left me without a walking partner. I don't like walking around the park by myself but decided that I better continue our training or I will be sorry come marathon time. So, today (mainly because it has been raining and cold) I decided to walk the mall...there is always alot of people around and plenty of things to see so I don't get bored. It reminded me of when I lived in Phoenix and my girlfriend, Larett, and I use to go and then afterwards would treat ourselves to a diet root beer at A&W. Things I have learned from walking the mall.....NEVER TAKE MONEY WITH YOU!!!!! There seems to be alot of things that I would like to buy and the Cinnabons smell soooooo good!! I was sure glad that I didn't bring money with me this morning :) :)

Ninon, Debra and Lisa, I sure hope you are training, it is coming up on us fast and I am really looking forward to it! It sounds like my parents are going to come cheer us on (or just to see if we can really do it?)

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I have never thought about doing that, even though I see others. Good thing you did not have money! Cinnabons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...cinnibon!

    You're dedicated, I love it.

    ReplyDelete